–Dog Man telling Sarah Hatoff that Lil' Petey is missing
Not what you were looking for? See Dog Man (disambiguation)
Dog Man is the main protagonist & titular character of the Dog Man series and is widely considered to be the world's greatest cop. Dog Man cannot speak, but he can communicate using hand symbols like 80-HD.
Official Description (Can only be found in Mothering Heights)
He has the head of a Dog, The body of a man, and the heart of a hero!!! He is employed as a cop, and is occupied at home with the creativity of Lil' Petey and 80-HD.
- Easily distracted
Being Greg the Dog with Officer Knight's body from the neck down, his personality is that of Greg's. Dog Man is very playful and likes to greet others with a friendly lick and jump. But when trouble arises, Dog Man acts seriously, just like Officer Knight did. He always gets the job done, no matter what it takes. He is also very cheerful and happy when nothing bad is happening in the city. He is loving and caring to everyone, especially Li'l Petey, whom he adopted. He also cares for Petey, especially at times when he is not acting cunning and evil, such as in the 5th Dog Man book, Dog Man: Lord of the FLEAS, and has stopped viewing him as an enemy.
The Wrath of Petey
One day, due to his slobby nature, a cop told Dog Man that he needed a bath. Dog Man then ran away, as he hated baths. The cops then searched the city for him, but were unable to find him. While in hiding, Dog Man discovered that Petey had escaped, which made him feel guilty. Dog Man left from hiding and searched for Petey. When Dog Man found his hideout, Petey was waiting for him with a hose, and started trying to spray him with it. Dog Man dug a hole to try to escape from him, but Petey chased him. Dog Man dug under the zoo, and came up in the skunk cage. The skunks sprayed him, and Dog Man ran away. Petey ran away as well, disgusted by Dog Man's smell, but then Petey got caught in a cop's net upon coming out of the hole and got sent to jail. Then, Dog Man took a bath and became clean for the first time.
Dog Man accidentally barfed on Chief's chair, which angered Chief. He ordered Dog Man to "straighten up or else." Then, Petey escaped jail and created an evil air freshener and put them in the cop's cars, which made all the cops turn into mindless zombies, except for Dog Man, who liked to put his head out the window, and thus never smelled it. Dog Man then followed Petey into his lab, and found a toilet, which he drank out of. Then he went up stairs and was surrounded by Petey and his zombies. Petey told Dog Man he had an antidote, but it was hidden in his toilet bowl. Dog Man realized that he had already drunk the antidote, so he barfed back out, licked the cops to apply the antidote. Now the cops were no longer zombies, and Petey was put back into Cat Jail.
Chapter 1: A New Hero is Unleashed!
A new couch arrived at the police station for Chief, who was very excited about it. However, after the couch was placed, Greg and officer Knight sat on it. Chief became angry, yelled at them, calling them "the worst cops ever!", and ordered them to leave. Then Officer Knight and Greg the Dog sadly left the police station. As they walked outside, they were being spied on by Petey and his butler. The butler asked Petey if he was scared of Officer Knight and Greg, to which Petey answered no, and brought him to his lab to explain why by showing the weaknesses of the two. But then the butler pointed out that they could work together, so Petey placed a bomb near Officer Knight and Greg to get rid of them, and yelled "HELP! THERE'S A BOMB!" to get their attention, before running away. Then Officer Knight and Greg arrive at the scene, and they tried to stop the bomb by cutting a wire. Officer Knight tried asking Greg what wire he should cut, but Greg answered incorrectly since he was colorblind, causing the bomb to explode. Then Officer Knight and Greg were rushed to the hospital, but it was too late for them. The doctors came in and revealed that Greg's body was dying and Officer Knight's head was dying. When all hope of survival seemed lost, Genie S. Lady got the idea of sewing Greg's head into Officer's knight body. Everybody cheered and the second operator called her a genius. After the surgery, a new hero was finally unleashed: Dog Man! After the surgery, the news of the surgery spreads like wildfire and there are news articles about Dog Man being the new best cop. Unfortunately, Petey finds out about the news, and he is angered by how he accidentally created the world's best cop, so he came up with an idea to kill Dog Man.
The next day, Chief sent Dog Man to his office, telling him that if he really was " The World's Best Cop " he had better step it up and that he would watch him like a hawk. After a moment of pure silence, he shouted "Well? What do you have to Say to yourself?". Dog Man looked at Chief, and then licked his face. Chief got angry and ordered Dog Man to leave, and Dog Man did, in sadness. But things were about to get even worse for Dog Man. Petey and his butler were spying on him, and Petey laughed out of nowhere. When his butler asked him what was so funny, Petey told him that he was going to DESTROY Dog Man once and for all, and his Butler asked how.
So, to give the butler an example, Petey asked him what all dogs were afraid of, and the butler suggested it was firecrackers, subverting Petey's expectations, as he had expected him to say it was vacuum cleaners, though he admitted dogs were also afraid of firecrackers. Then he showed him the huge evil Vacuum-Cleaner invention downstairs that he had built last night. The Butler told Petey he thought Firecrackers would have been easier, which angers Petey, and they got into an argument about it, which ended with Petey shouting, " ENOUGH WITH FIRE CRACKERS! THIS IS WAY COOLER! ". Then Petey turned on the giant vacuum cleaner, and revealed its purpose: "It will chase Dog Man and the vacuum cleaner won't stop until he sucks him up!" Then Petey laughed, jumped on it, and yelled " HEE-HAW! " as the vacuum cleaner accelerated.
Dog Man didn’t see Petey at first, but then he turned around and saw the vacuum cleaner headed towards him. He jumped in fear and began running away from the vacuum cleaner. Petey told Dog Man he had no chance of outrunning the vacuum as it had a 6000 HP motor, an endless power supply, and the bag could expand a lot, so it could suck almost anything. When Dog Man heard the word "almost".....he got an idea. He ran to the beach and the vacuum cleaner ate a surfboard, to the dismay of a surfer dude.
Then Dog Man swam into the ocean, and the vacuum did the same thing since he was programmed to chase Dog Man until the ends of the earth. This was terrible for Petey since he couldn’t swim, and the vacuum cleaner wasn’t waterproof. So he told Dog Man to get out of the water, and then shouted " NO FAIR! " Dog Man dove even further, down and the size of the vacuum cleaner’s bag increased. When it seemed that Dog Man had lost the battle, as the vacuum cleaner had sucked Dog Man up, the bag was about to explode, and it did when Petey scratched it open while trying to escape, releasing Dog Man from the bag.
This was NOT good news for Petey as he was about to drown in the water. Hope seemed lost for him until Dog Man came with the surfboard the vacuum cleaner had eaten and rescued him. Petey told Dog Man isn't that much of a bad guy and was about to thank him, until Dog Man cuffed him, which made Petey mad.
Then Dog Man and Petey arrived at the police station. He puts Petey in a cage. and the officers congratulated Dog Man for arresting Petey. Chief admitted he was wrong about Dog Man and offered him a handshake. But Dog Man licked his hand instead, which angered Chief and caused him to chase Dog Man.
Chapter 2: Robo-Chief
Dog Man was sleeping in the station when Chief came, then Dog Man jumped on him and licked him. And Chief always hated Dog Man's hobby, but he hated it more then ever this time because he had a horrible day ( Bird poops at him, a car going through a paddle which makes it splash through Chief, Etc ). But chief's day took for a worse turn when he went to his office and saw somebody had chewed his tissues, ate his slippers, and peed on the floor. He calls everybody to the office, and tells them who ruined his office. Everybody turns to Dog Man, and he was busted. Chief tells everybody to get out except for Dog Man, and when they did, Chief yelled at Dog Man: " YOU...ARE...IN...BIG...TROUBLE! " until one of the officers informs Chief that the mayor is here.
Chief lets Mayor come, scared worrying Mayor would fire him. He tries to bright up the mood by saying: " Howdy, Mayor? " but the Mayor was angry at him and shows her newspapers dashing on Chief: Chief is sensitive on crime, Petey escapes jail 8 times, latest poll: everybody hates chief. Mayor says if ONE more bad thing happens, he will be fired. And leaves the station. Dog Man barks at the door, thinking he comforted Chief. But he was still sad, Dog Man hugs him. Chief kinda didn't like it because of the lick, but Chief hugged him back.
But since Dogs have supa hearing, Dog Man heard somebody and quickly got out of the station to see Mayor on a car and going. Dog Man follows her, and she goes to Robo-Time Industries. Dog-Man gets his phone, and records the conversation. The Mayor asks how's the evil plan doing, and dr. Scum says it's going good. Mayor then says she shall take over the city! 33 seconds later in Cat Jail...Petey gets a strange package from the Mayor. He opens it up, and finds an " Invisible Spray ". And Petey then grins.
- His full name is Gregory "Greg" Knight, according to a fan's answered question on Instagram.
- He used to love chasing balls, but after his therapy session with Li'l Petey and 80-HD in Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls he became scared of them.
- Aside from that, he also does not like to take baths as shown in Dog Man and the Wrath of Petey and Dog Man: For Whom The Ball Rolls.
- He likes squirrels but is easily distracted by them.
- Dog Man is an amalgamation of both Greg the Dog and Officer Knight. As such, he still has all of Greg's memories and personality, as well as some shared traits with Officer Knight, such as his kung-fu skills.
- He's the 2nd most-loved character, just behind Li'l Petey.
- In Mothering Heights, he gets a new robot suit and an umbrella for a weapon.
- Recently, he's been a secondary character, as the series shifted to focus on Petey and his son & his journey to become a better person.
- Dog Man is played by the following: Brian Owen (Broadway), Michael Doliner and Brandon Butorovich (Tour) in the musical.
- His prototype design looked like a caped dog. He was later changed to what he looks like today.
- Despite being the main character, he isn't the first original character, Petey is.
- However, he was first mentioned in The Adventures of Captain Underpants.
- He loves drinking water from the toilet, but in Mothering Heights it got him injured.
- He can not be made in real life, as cutting off a head is pretty much death, and there is no Living Spray in real life.
- Petey: They used to be enemies, but after his redemption in Lord Of The Fleas, he started to accept him. Once in For Whom the Ball Rolls, he licked him when he arrived to take Li'l Petey. Moreover, Petey teaches Dog Man how to act like a cat in Grime and Punishment, as they now have a positive relationship. Petey now has moved to Dogman's house as a roommate after the middle of Mothering Heights, where Petey's house is crushed by the two evil sippy cups.
- Li'l Petey: They have a strong relationship. Dog Man adopted him for a while before Li'l Petey and Petey became a family.
- 80-HD: They are best buddies, and for some instances, love Li'l Petey as much as Petey does.
- Chief: Every time he sees him, he prances around him. Even though Dog Man can be annoying, Chief is still a good friend of him.
- Zuzu: Dog Man once sniffed her butt, annoying her. They are still friends anyway and now help each other.
- Sarah: In Dog Man Unleashed, it was revealed that she is his biggest fan. In A Tale of Two Kitties and Dog Man and Cat Kid, she would help him find Li'l Petey whenever he was missing.
|Main Characters of Dog Man|
|Main Characters||Dog Man · Petey · Li'l Petey · Chief · Sarah Hatoff · Zuzu · Petey's Father|